Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bob Marley Quotes 9

Quotes of Bob Marley


  • None but ourselves can free our minds. 
  • My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white. 
  • Rastaman vibrations gonna cover the earth! Like the water cover the sea. 
  • How long will they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look? 
  • Overcome the devils with a thing named love. 
  • Prejudice is a chain, it can hold you. If you prejudice, you can't move, you keep prejudice for years. Never get nowhere with that. 
  • The stone that the builder refused to lay should always be the head corners stone. You're a builder baby; here I am a stone. 
  • They say: only the fittest of the fittest should survive, stay alive. 
  • Good friends we have had, oh good friends we've lost along the way In this bright future you can't forget your past So dry your tears I say No woman, no cry No woman, no cry Little darlin' don't shed no tears No woman, no cry.
  • All dese governments and dis this and that, these people that say they're here to help, why them say you cannot smoke the herb? Herb... herb is a plant, you know? And when me check it, me can't find no reason. All them say is, 'it make you rebel'. Against what? 
  • I want to say 'I shot the police' but the government would have made a fuss so I said 'I shot the sheriff' instead... but it's the same idea: justice. 
  • Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life. 
  • The biggest man you ever did see was once a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment